Friday, October 21, 2011

Clay Skull Necklace

Clay Skull Necklace


Howdy!

I just got done making these adorable Skull Necklaces and I just had to share cause I think they are AWESOME! 

I hope you do too :)

Let's get started on how I did this:


I bought this Silicon Ice Cube Tray at the Dollar Store.


I used some Pluffy Clay that I had and put the clay into the Ice Cube Tray and then baked them directly in the tray. I did put the tray on a cookie sheet.
WARNING: I don't know if that was safe...it didn't melt but it does say not to use in microwave so I'm pretty sure than means the oven too..but I just want to put that out there.


They popped right out and this is what they looked like..pretty sweet huh?
I just followed the directions on the packet, cooked them at 275 degrees for 15 minutes.

So I HAD to take it a step further..of course right? 


So I broke out these totally rad..yeah I just said rad..googley colored eyeballs I've been saving for a cool project and added them to the Skulls..


I also added a Bail to the back of the Skull so that I could put them on necklaces..Yay!

And I may or may not have glued my fingers to the back of the skull and bail..and I may or may not have had a seriously panic attack..just say'n


Here's the Grey Skull with Hot Pink Eyeballs..so hot! This is my favorite!!


The Green Skull with Yellow Eyeballs..love it!


Ok..I have to say that these look close to professional in person...I mean, I am digg'n these Skulls baby!
Hope you all have a super duper wonderful weekend and..

Happy Crafting!

4 comments:

  1. Hi, I'm with an online vintage dress boutique called Shabby Apple (www.shabbyapple.com) and I adore your blog. Shabby Apple offers affordable, stylish attire perfect for a day at work or play, or a night on the town. We would love to partner with you and offer your readers a 10% off coupon as well as the opportunity to giveaway a piece of jewelry from our collection on your blog. Please check us out at www.shabbyapple.com and let me know if you are interested.

    I look forward to hearing back from you soon!

    Thanks,

    Chelsea Wakley

    cwakely@shabbyapple.com
    (this is only open to US residents, if this is not a possibility please let me know

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicole, these are way cute and...most definitely RAD!
    Love the idea...I will have to give this a try.
    Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, I have these somewhere and all I have ever used them for was ice. Love these. I think I am going to feature these instead. Loves ya

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoo Hooo, thanks Ladies!
    Peggy, I'm heading over now, thank you for the invite!

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments from my readers, thank you so much for taking the time to comment and making my day by doing so.