Friday, July 6, 2012

Duct Tape Luggage Tag



This morning my brother-in-law sent me a text.
It said "I have a Duct Tape idea for you..Luggage Tags"

I love that my family thinks of new and creative ideas for me when it comes to DT.

This time however I had already beat him to the punch.
I made these a couple of years ago, but realized I had never posted them on my blog.

So here it goes.

Supplies you will need:
Duct Tape (2 Colors)
Ribbon, String or a Zip Tie
Hole Punch
Sharpie
Scissors/Exacto Knife


Cut two strips of Duct Tape to 4 inches in lenghth


Put one on top of the other...
Sticky side to Sticky Side


Trim off any sticky if needed all the way around
then...
Cut off the corners of one end for added detail..
or don't and leave it a rectangle shape


I prefer this shape, I think it looks nice
You could however round the edges as well


Cut out a piece of DT in a corresponding color to
3 inches x 1.25 inches
One that is light enough to see writing on it


Place it on the tag in the middle
Write your name, phone number and/or addy on the DT with a Sharpie


Punch a hole in the top with a hole punch


If you are using Ribbon or String cut a piece that is long enough to be folded in half, yet still able to go around a luggage handle


Tie a knot at one end


Put the loop end thru the hole

 
Wrap around luggage handle
Then put the knotted end thru the loop and pull

 
This is what the knot looks like
you can just tie it around the luggage handle too if you prefer

Or 
You can put a Zip Tie thru the hole and use that to wrap around the luggage


Done!

So easy, inexpensive, waterproof, and fun

This is also how I make my DT Bookmarks

These luggage tags are easy to spot when looking for your luggage after a flight

If you have kids traveling with you, use the kid DT's that are out
Such as Spiderman, Spongebob, Mario Bros, Hello Kitty

You could also add a Grommet to the hole that you punched out for added strength and durability.

Have a great weekend everyone!

2 comments:

  1. I like you share its so interesting Make sure to include your name, preferably as it is written on your airline tickets or boarding passes. Families traveling with multiples suitcases for family members can put one primary contact name, such as a parent, on all suitcases.Plastic Luggage Tags

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea! Staples has all kinds of colors and designs in duct tape now. I have been wanting to buy some but needed a project. This is very useful, because my current luggage tags are kind of ugly, and new ones are expensive.

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments from my readers, thank you so much for taking the time to comment and making my day by doing so.