Monday, July 9, 2012

Pop Can Flower


I love making these Pop Can Flowers!
They are so shiny and cute, and it's fun to make Upcycled Crafts!!

Here's how you can make one too:


Rinse out a Can (Beer, Soda, Energy Drink, what ev)
Then cut the top off by poking your scissors into the can and then cutting around


Cut 1/2 inch to 1 inch strips all the way down to the bottom ledge there
Do this all the way around the can


You should end up with this
Now bend the "petals" down one at a time


This is super easy, but make sure to bend them down at the base


When you're done you should have this
You can leave it silver like this or do what I did and color it with a Sharpie
You can also spray paint which would be much quicker but with the Sharpie you still get the shiny look


I hot glued a wooden skewer to the back of one of the "petals" that I colored Green and stuck in a planter


Here's a close up 
It's way cute but I felt it needed a finishing touch so....


I curled the edges of the petals with my Sharpie Pen

I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!


Every time I look out my back door it just makes me smile!
It's so bright, shiny and colorful!!

Added Tip:
If you want your flower to spin, then poke a hole thru the middle and put a thumb tack or nail thru the hole into a piece of wood/stick/dowel.  
Then it will spin when the wind blows!  
Be sure to make the hole a little bigger than the Tack/Nail

Have a great day!!!

2 comments:

  1. I love this idea. I'll have to try it soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! It's really quite fun..you know what would be super cute?! Those little tiny Pop cans! I'm going to have to buy a six pack for the boys and make little flowers for my yard :)

      Delete

I adore comments from my readers, thank you so much for taking the time to comment and making my day by doing so.