Monday, July 30, 2012

Fruit Fly Trap



Ok before you go and think that I've lost my mind...
I have a legit reason for having a wine glass with aluminum foil and a funnel sitting on my counter lol...

Let me start at the beginning...
A few days ago I noticed a bunch of fruit flies in my kitchen.
I couldn't figure it out, my house is super clean, and there wasn't any food left out.
I walked over to my fruit bowl on the dining room table, and all the fruit still looked fresh from when I bought a couple days before.
I picked up one Nectarine and BAM!
A bunch of Fruit Flies came flying out from underneath it!
EWWWWWWW!

So after getting rid of the Nectarine, which wasn't even rotten, it must of had a bruise on the bottom..but I digress...
I cleaned out my fruit bowl.

I can't get rid of these suckers!  I mean, where did they even come from?
So after doing some research online, I found out that Fruit Flies are pretty much dumber than a bag of rocks!
Yay for me!

SO I came up with this contraption to trap the stupid S.O.B.'s and get them out of my house!


This is what happened literally 30 seconds after I set it on the counter!
They came out of no where...


I would have used Saran Wrap but I was fresh out..
What ev, foil works


A minute later...YES...Five, count them FIVE stupid Fruit Flies..
Now if they would just go in the funnel...

Back to them being stupid...If you use a funnel, they will go in, but can't figure out how to get back out.
If you don't have a funnel like mine, you can make one out of a sheet of paper :)


Hook..Line..& Sinker...I got one!
It's flying around inside the glass..YES!

Hopefully I catch all of them, and then I will be a good girl and let them go outside...mayyybbeee..no I will.

I just want them out!

So here's the deal..

You need a Glass or Bowl, a Funnel, and something to entice the little devils...fruit, juice, wine, even Red Wine Vinegar...you get the idea, and some Foil, or Saran Wrap to put over the Glass/Bowl..unless your funnel goes all the way to the edges, then you don't need the Foil/Saran Wrap.

Alright, I'm going to go check my trap...Im such an awesome hunter..
Don't be jealy!

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore comments from my readers, thank you so much for taking the time to comment and making my day by doing so.