Sunday, July 22, 2012

Homemade Nacho Cheese Sauce


I just made this delicious Homemade Nacho Cheese Sauce and it was so simple with few ingredients. 
I must share this recipe with you!

I found it on Pinterest HERE 

So here is the recipe:

4oz of Shredded Pepper Jack Cheese
4oz of Shredded Cheddar Cheese
1 12oz Can of Evaporated Milk
1 Tablespoon of Corn Starch
2 Teaspoons of Hot Sauce
Pinch of Salt
 
Directions:
In Sauce Pan combine all the ingredients but only using 1 Cup of the Evaporate Milk, saving the rest for later if needed. 

Stir constantly with a whisk on Medium Low Heat until thick and bubbly.

If you feel it needs to be less thick, then you need to add more Evaporated Milk  now.

Last but not least, pour it in a bowl and get to dip'n!!

This is so tasty, easy, inexpensive and much healthier than Canned Nacho Cheese Sauce.

My kids even loved it!

So here is the changes that I made to the recipe:
I used Pepper Jack and Colby Cheese cause that's what I had on hand.
I also added 4 tsp of Frank's Red Hot Sauce instead of 2...and if my kids weren't eating it I probably would've added more.

Enjoy!!!

3 comments:

  1. I just came across this idea for using the empty reels from the duct tape. And it gave me an idea for using them, too.

    http://alittlehut.blogspot.com/2011/10/recycling-project-holiday-ornament.html

    Noreen
    http://craftyjournal.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a great idea, they are so beautiful! Thanks for sharing :)

      Delete
  2. Amazing! Just tried it and very tasty.

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments from my readers, thank you so much for taking the time to comment and making my day by doing so.