Thursday, March 1, 2012

3D Hand Art


Some mindless easy fun...that's what I am bringing to the blog today!

Isn't this cool??!!
Your hand appears to be floating on the page, I love it :)

3D art that is simple, fast, easy and fun all rolled into one!

All you need is:
Markers
Paper
Pencil

Step One:
Trace your hand or someones hand onto a piece of paper lightly w/ pencil.

Step Two:


Draw Horizontal lines across the page, making sure to skip over your hand print.

Step Three:


Starting with Line #1 make small arcs connecting the lines on either side of the hand print.
Then do the next color...provided you used multiple colors like I did.
You can use all one color marker...or go crazy and make it rainbow..your choice.


Done!

This is so much fun and easy for kids to do as well.

I was thinking of tracing my boys hands onto a canvas and then painting the lines...it would make for a really cool art piece!

Happy Crafting!

8 comments:

  1. OMG! I love that. I will definitely be trying this with my lil' man. Will share pics when we finish. Thank you for such awesome ideas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!! They are a ton of fun, and the best part is, it doesn't have to be perfect to work, so it's great for the little ones too! Have fun with your lil' man :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder if this will work with fatter lines:) I am going to have to play around with this really cool idea a bit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not sure..I'm thinking it would, but I haven't tried it. I do know that if your lines are spaced too far apart, it doesn't have the same effect...so if your lines are thick yet close together I think it should work :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! I am sending over some visitors from my blog post http://madewithmamaslove.com/draw-a-3d-heart-for-diy-valentines/
    Your hand picture is one of the best that I have seen. Thanks for all your fun goodies on this blog. -Ali

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it too very fun and easy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it too very fun and easy

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments from my readers, thank you so much for taking the time to comment and making my day by doing so.