Sunday, May 6, 2012

Duct Tape Roll Art


I have a ton of empty Duct Tape Rolls lying around...I just can't bring myself to throw them in the recycle bin.
So I made a Duct Tape Roll Cross for my bedroom!
A couple days ago one of my followers Noreen asked me what she could do with her empty rolls.
It was perfect timing cause I had already had a few idea's up my sleeve for this week. 
So Noreen, here is just one of those idea's I promised you :)

Here's how I did it:


I grabbed a bunch of empty rolls and started laying them out on my counter.
I knew I wanted to make a cross so I just moved them around until I got the cross that I liked.

I ended up using 10 rolls.  6 going down the vertical part of the cross, and 2 on each side for the horizontal portion of the cross.


Next I broke out my hot glue gun...I heart my glue gun!
I simply put one thick strip of glue down the side of the roll and connected it to another roll.
I squeezed them together for a second and that was it.


I went on to the next one, making sure to keep the shape of my cross and making sure they were even.


Half way done.  So now I took it outside and spray painted it with a light blue spray paint I already had in the garage.  It matches the blue in my bedroom so it worked out well.
Our bedroom colors are tan, light blue and brown.


Done! Now all I needed was one little nail and I hung it on my wall....Well Crafty Soccer Dad actually did the hammering of the nail into the wall.
I gotta give credit where credit is due :) 


So what do you think? 
I love it!  
I think it's pretty awesome!  I'm really happy with how it turned out.

I'll have more projects soon, that you can use your empty DT rolls.

Have a great day 
and
Happy Crafting!

2 comments:

  1. A nice idea! How many rolls do you have left?

    Noreen
    http://craftyjournal.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Surprisingly not that many...but I'll be adding more to the pile this week with all the stuff I need to make for the upcoming Festival I'll be at as a vendor. My 4yr old likes to take them and play with them....oh well, he's having fun lol :)

      Delete

I adore comments from my readers, thank you so much for taking the time to comment and making my day by doing so.