Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Face Magnet Fun


As I'm strolling thru the craft store today I came upon the magnet section.

I love magnets, they are fun, and you can do some much with them.
I found a 3 pack of Magnet Sheets and an idea popped in my head...Boing!

Here's what I did:


Bought these magnet sheets, they have paper on one side to color on, and magnet on the back.
I designed some faces on the computer and tried them in the printer.
They work!

OH! I almost forgot....


I snagged this round pizza pan at the Dollar Store!


I made one sheet with different mouth's...


Eyes....


And then noses and mustaches...gotta have the stashes!!

After printing those, I began to cut away.  Super easy to cut through.


Here they are all cut out!!

Now let the games begin!


The youngest with his first creation...that's supposed to be me
I'm flattered..really I am...


The oldest with his creation...not bad not bad.

So we've been having a blast making silly faces.  Ladies with mustaches, crazy looking dudes, you know all the good stuff.

I have a feeling when the kids go to bed, my hubs and I will make some silly faces too, it's addicting!

Now...am I considered a hoarder because I want to keep all of this..


I know I can do stuff with it!!
Don't judge me LOL...I know, it's weird, but you can color on this paper so I thought I'd cut out some shapes and let the little's make some fridge magnets.
OR
I may try drawing some new facial features with my Sharpies.
We need Ears, I totally forgot those, and maybe some gross stuff like...
Scars, Warts, Boogers..
And practical stuff like..
Sunglasses, Eye Glasses, Earrings..that sort of thing.

I'm sure I'll be back at the Craft store buying more magnet paper sheets before I know it.

Plus think of all the other possibilities..
Dress up dolls, Alphabet, Numbers, Animals, Farm....

My next Project...Star Wars!
The ships, and characters.  My son WOULD freak out!
This is perfect for in the car, or when you just need a few minutes of quiet.

I plan on making a pouch on the back to store all the magnets.

Have a great night 
and 
Happy Crafting!!

4 comments:

  1. What a fun idea! Great gift idea for kids, too.

    Noreen
    http://craftyjournal.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Noreen! It really was very simple and fun. My boys had a blast. It's hard to find something they both enjoy with a 7.5 year age gap, so I was pretty excited that they both had fun with it :) Have a great day!

      Delete
  2. Love this idea. My boys would have so much fun playing around with the faces and way less frustrating than trying to plug the facial features into Mr. Potato head.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Stacey!! It was so much fun! Mr Potato Head is fun, but the cool thing about this is you can customize it yourself :) And it's a cheap project, gotta love those!

      Delete

I adore comments from my readers, thank you so much for taking the time to comment and making my day by doing so.