Monday, August 27, 2012

Glowing Eyeball DIY


BOOOOOO!
So it's almost Fall...and let me tell you I can't wait!

I'm blonde, and ghostly pale..I love the fall leaves, hoodies, Crock Pot cooking and Football :)

BUT..Halloween is my least favorite holiday.
However, I do enjoy it to some degree because my boys love it.
AND..it gives me an excuse to craft...like I need one LOL!

So let's get to talking about my awesome Eyeball!


I found this 12 pack of plastic eyeballs at the Dollar Tree.
They have 3 different eyeball colors to pick from...
I think they were Yellow (like pictured), Red and Blue...but I could be wrong. 
Then I used a flame less tea light candle that I already had.


I got some help from my handsome assistant...
 Crafty Soccer Dad

We started with a drill bit that we thought was big enough..
it wasn't.
So we tried a bigger one in the already drilled hole and..


 Oops! It cracked!
Oh well, we had 11 more, so we tossed that one aside and started with the largest drill bit this time.

 It worked!

Final step consisted of putting the Eyeball on the flameless tea light, and turning on the light.  Yep, that easy.
Ok so here's the final result..
Drum roll please....


I just put the Eyeball on the tea light, turned it on and BAM!
How cool is that?

Ok it's cool but not as cool as when you turn the lights off..


That is so COOL!

You could use these as little nightlights in the bathroom if you wanted...you know if you are into that sort of thing.

I have two boys, so I'm sure they will want one in their rooms.

I plan on having my studly assistant drill holes in all the rest and I will put them all over my house around Halloween time.
I will also put them outside on my porch too, maybe in my yard :)

You could put them in your Jack-O-Lanterns mouth too!

Lots of possibilities, but over all, this was a fun, very quick, and very inexpensive craft that will for sure be a huge hit!

Happy Crafting!

2 comments:

  1. This is pretty cool. I actually love Halloween. I just discovered your blog and am your newest follower. I have "soccer mom" in my blog name as well. Great minds ;) Come check it out if you wish I blog about crafts, kids activities as well as fashion DIYs.
    xx
    Maya

    ReplyDelete
  2. This made me laugh and I don't even do things for halloween. But think the Goth people might like this as well.

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments from my readers, thank you so much for taking the time to comment and making my day by doing so.