Thursday, December 22, 2011

Recycled Snowflake~Craft Fail?

Recycled Snowflake~Craft Fail?


Ok..here's the skinny..being a crafter I can't help but want to turn everything I touch into something...
I ran my kids through McDonalds drive thru today and got a drink holder.


When I got home I couldn't help but wonder...what can I make out of this???

And this is what I am up with...


Here is my "Snowflake" on my front door...pic is dark sorry about that..but it doesn't look so hot.
I like that it also looks like a cross....

How I did this:

Step 1: Cut the "wall" off of the Drink Holder

Step 2: I painted it white

Step 3: I added blue glitter

Done.

Hmm...not super thrilled with it, however it was fun to make I will give it that.  It's super windy outside so the glitter was flying all over the place. I do like the Snowflake concept.
I think that if I do this again, I would paint it a different color, like blue maybe, since my front door is white.

This would be really easy for a kid to decorate with paint or marker.

Have a great day!
Happy Crafting!!

2 comments:

  1. Love this!. it is amazing what one sees when looking outside the box...great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Mona! It's growing on me..my husband thought it was cool, and my boys did too :)

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments from my readers, thank you so much for taking the time to comment and making my day by doing so.