Thursday, August 11, 2011

DIY Candle

DIY Candle


This morning as I was feeding my annoying sweet loving cats...
I couldn't help but think that there must be something I could use the can for.

This is what I came up with :)

I bought these wax melts a while ago at the Dollar Tree...I knew I could make candles with them someday with out spending a fortune on wax at the craft store.  


I also had these 2" wax wicks on hand, they are only a couple bucks at the craft store.

Here's the process step by step:

  • Clean Cat Food Can and Dry
  • Break up wax melts into six chunks and place in can (I ended up using 2 packages, so 12 squares)
  • Fill a saucepan up with a couple of inches of water then set the Cat Food Can in the water
  • Boil water until wax has melted
  • Remove can from saucepan
  • Add wick and let the wax set

 
Once the wax has hardened cut the wick back, light and enjoy!




I have to admit, the wax melts I used from the Dollar Store smell FANTASTIC..
the scent is Vanilla Sandlewood.

You could do this same process with old wax that's left at the bottom of candles, just scrap it out with a butter knife (or whatever tickles your fancy) and melt the wax the same way.  

Or...

You could do it with color crayons as well...just say'n...you could get seriously creative here folks!

Have fun with it :)

Update: I couldn't help myself...I had to add some Duct Tape to the mix


Now I love it even more!!!! So unbelievably cute...ugh..totally patting myself on the back lol :) 

Have a great day everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore comments from my readers, thank you so much for taking the time to comment and making my day by doing so.